Mid- Month Update

9:00 pm


Hello Everyone!

Thought I'd write a little mid-monthly update on my shenanigans;


PAST:
Review of Dishonored 2 - my first ever game review *gasps*



CURRENTLY:


READING: And I Darken by Kiersten White
- Loving this book so far, it's a very refreshing, diverse YA historical fiction with strong, raw characters and feminist themes. The world building is fab and the prose is immersive, I can't wait to read the rest!

PURCHASED:
- Truthwitch and Windwitch by Susan Dennard
- The Selection series and The Siren by Kiera Cass


PLAYING: Assassin's Creed II - The Ezio Collection remastered 

- I adore this game, every time I play it's like a welcome home. I'm spending a lot of time collecting things like feathers and chest money, and completing side-missions as a pose to the main story line because I want to take my sweet time with baby Ezio. I may also take waaaaay too many screenshots considering how great the graphics look in comparison to the original. 




WATCHING:
- Okaaay so my internet cable was literally ripped out of the box bc a truck caught the wire and broke it, so I haven't watched Shadowhunters nor the new ASOUE that everyone has been raving about BUT as soon as they fix the internet they are at the top of my to-watch list.

- On TV I've been watching Lucifer (the season finale was on last Wed and I'm so upset what do I do now?) and Firefly! I adore Firefly so much, I can't believe it got cancelled after only one season??? like??? They need to do a reboot!


- I watched Stranger Things this month and now I'm having withdrawals! That show is amazing! The diversity of the cast is fantastic and the acting is superb, I adored the relationships between the kids and the development of the characters. The plot kept me guessing and now i have 10000 theories floating around my head. I need season 2 ASAP! 



MOVIES:
I saw XxX 3: Return of Xander Cage last night and I loved it, particularly the action sequences and Deepika Padukone in general. I thought it was great that they had a very diverse cast, and utilised multiple fighting styles (be it physical or using strengths) to fit each character. It was also great that the ladies in the film were not pitted against one another. The plot was good but not very thick in detail & some of the scenes were incredibly fake and inhumanly accomplish-able... but overall I was pleasantly surprised and would rate it 4 stars :)
- I also watched Passengers this month and was disappointed as a whole - 2.5 stars


In other news, my batch of TinyTea from YourTea arrived this morning and I can't wait to start my teatox! I've done it (properly) before and I was incredibly pleased with the results. Having awful skin, I'm hoping the tea in combination with my VidaGlow supplements and regular skin peels will help to clear everything up... fingers crossed! I love this tea but it has to be taken half an hour before a meal three times a day, so when I said 'properly' I meant that I have taken it recently only at breakfast to get into a rhythm again, but I'm hoping to start dinner as well now - as long as I don't forget. 


Well besides the fact that it's almost 40 degrees here and I'm basically melting, that's about it for this month. 
* Also, if anyone has any recommendations of books/games/tv let me know in the comments!


Love, Natalia

xx 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

read

Gemina
A Torch Against the Night
An Ember in the Ashes
This Savage Song
Crooked Kingdom
Six of Crows

Subscribe